Monday 3 September 2012

The Rambler

Avalanches of impediments have besieged me,
The knell of parting day quails me,
The voracity of night withers me,
The very question of being frightens me,
I know, I’m a conjugal yield, a confluence,
My identity is with my parents and I’m obliged,
To follow the religion of my family as I’m born in it.
I know, I’m a civilized social animal,
I’m supposed to follow my culture and customs,
But why am I clogged, twisted, fatigued? Why?
I want to shatter all these shackles, so
Let me dare to Dream, to know, to speak, to live
Because all I want is to be Free.


Like fallen ink I want to wrap all,
As meadows cover the whole earth.
I want to crack the portals of horizon,
And glide like raftless ship in infinity.
Let me be a spectator and see the light
Which precedes, follows, and check the darkness.
Let me dare to dream with open eyes
Because all I want is to be free.


Like sleepless stars I want to peep
Inside the heart of grave night.
As it clothes the open and the naked
And reveals what day refuses to divulge
Day makes all glitter but night exhibits the true colour
Darkness unveils the feverish veil, so
Let me dare to know all unknown
Because all I want is to be free.

No comments:

Post a Comment